Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Project Cheap-o





















So for about 1 year I've been wanted a "candle'abra"--an old fashioned candle chandelier over my dining table. Pottery barn had some cool ones--for a cool 350 green ones. Way over my budget (at least in priority)!






So .... a couple weeks ago David replaced a builder's budget model dining room light from another area of the house and I had in my possession one of those 50$ brass lights that had the fake candle sticks--you all know what I'm talking about--you likely had one in your home growing up.(see photo above)






ANyways,

I couldn't let the chance go by to reinvent this un-needed-el-cheapo light into a work of art! (Or something akin to art)






So Voila!



Cost:15$

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Way to go, it looks awesome! What'd you do to the bulbs?

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The MacQueens said...

LOVE it!! Taking something & turning it into something fabulous for like $5 is one of my favorite things! Great job! :)