These are NOT pics of our soccer team (our camera just broke-wah!) but of where we play. Just imagine that is Dave in the foreground and me running up on the guy! :)
How is it that Monday through Thursday is SOSOO long...and Friday through Sunday is so short?
We stayed up until 2am last night...yikes we are too old for that stuff!
We won our soccer game (David and I) last night 9-2. David scored twice, Becky assisted twice(and missed the goal twice). We play indoor 6v6 coed on a over30 private league(at a big facility called Total Soccer). I put together the team that is 90% memebrs from out ward. It is a blast most nights. I wish I were a better player, but luckily we do have better players than me on the team!
It's rainy today, so no soccer game for Analeah. Jakob has a birthday party at CHuckieCHeese's (pizza/arcade place) and David is already gone at a youth service project in downtown detroit.
I was glad to see on the news that the poeple on that barge in the gulf of mexico were able to safely ride out the hurricane...it was wierd coming home from soccer and staying up watching "Nicolaus Nickleby" with friends and family last night, and thinking there were people that very second praying for their lives. It made me so thankful for my own blessed life! I suppose that is always the case in the world...people are always in dangerous situations somewhere in the world...I guess I was just more aware last night.
2 comments:
Wow, that is late, way to go! I think it's so awesome you guys play soccer together, yeah for you!! and way to score! We love you tons and think of you often!
That is so neat that you get to play soccer with your hubby & friends. SO much fun! I play in our women's church basketball league & I am definitely starting to feel the age thing. . . .hmmm.:(
It takes me a little longer to "recover" after a game.
Post a Comment