Well, I am still catching up on our spring break trip. AFter the beautiful Easter weather it got rainy Monday. We decided to go to Temple Square anyways,s ince the weather was only supposed to get worse that week. WE were pretty lucky for our tour--and the rain stayed at a random drizzle--until we finished eating lunch which was at Macaroni Grill which is about 5 blocks from temple square and 8 blocks from the car! Our resident hero, David Shurtleff, ran the 8 blocks in the rain to save all us all from the downpour! Eternal marriage is great!!
We toursed the temple grounds, rode the elevator to the top of the administration building, Watched the New Prophet of the Restoration video at the Joseph Smith building. All three of them cried, well really all five of us cried--Ava was sleeping! Such a good movie!
We also took the kids up to the Roof restaurant, where we were engaged, and to the ballroom at the Joseph SMith memorial building where our wedding reception was. So many good memories to re-live and made some new ones!

Analeah waiting to go...she was so cute and anxioius to see everything. She has been reading all the Work and the Glory series, and has really started to develop her own testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. SHe was fun to go with!

I don't really like this picture, but it proves David and I were actually there, so many of our vacation photo albums are full of our kids. But we really do go along...the wind and rain made for a bad hair day...oh well!

Jakob probably surprised me the most with his interest and especialy with his sensitivity to the mive about Joseph Smith. I love my boy!

Hannah's bright jacket and smile fit in well with teh flowers and smells...mmm! I love spring time!

Ava did have a few toddler moments. This one I had to get on film...a temper tantrum sitting in the wall of the salt lake temple! To her credit, she was SO tired, she slept through the entire movie, which we saw next!

Did I mention it was windy and wet? The kids hung in there and even let me take pictures! We will never forget our first visit to Temple Square! Our memories: Looking for stars and moons, the umbrellas at the top of the viewing deck, smelling the flowers, listening to the presentation with the Christus, dipping hands (and elbows and shirt sleeves) into the fountains, walking walking all over town, seeing the beehive house, seeing General YM pres Dahlquist, touching the temple doors...getting really wet, jakobs' bloody lip, lunch with uncle David.
No comments:
Post a Comment