Well, I think I got most of vacation in...phew. When we got back I had a stressful week transitioning from vacation to normal life. On Sunday I was sustained in a new church calling as Relief Society president. I am feeling very unsure about my ability to do or be what all these women need, so it was nice to go out with our friends the night before and laugh at "glo-in-the-dark" putt putt. I am so thankful for friends who lighten my load with their love. It is truly the relationships in my life that make me happy, and not things or accomplishments.

THis is actually me...

David looked so handsome that night! (LOL! He really did!)

This is my friend jennifer, she is so good for me! She gets me going!

Her hubbie Will...he cracks me up! He laughs like my brother in law RD--they are both great guys too!
The funniest part of the night (to me) was the last hole. it was a simple hole...up a ramp into a bulleye ring (kinda like skiball)--but the ball came back to me 5 times!!!! there was a short pipe sticking out of the middle, which if you managed to get your ball into you won a $100 gift card. Too soft the first time, too hard the second, and by now we were all cracking up, three more times of hitting it --and having it come back down the ramp to me made me really glad I didn't have to go to the bathroom! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! On my last attempt my ball actually rimmed the $100 pipe..man!! So close! but those 5 tries blew my game for the night!
Thanks for the good times Jennifer and Will! I really needed to laugh that night!
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had such a fun trip to Utah! I loved seeing all your pictures. I'm sure it was hard coming back from vacation and facing a new calling. I know you'll be just what the sisters in your ward need because you will serve them in your own unique way. You are going to be great!
That glow in the dark putt putt is so COOL! Wish we had something like that here. And I always knew you'd be a RS pres! :) I know you'll do a fabulous job.
That night was so fun!! I love the pics. Will's laugh has always made me laugh, you always know it's him.:)
Just remember, you don't have to do the RS thing alone...you have people willing to help and Heavenly Father to guide you!
Post a Comment