Monday, May 4, 2009

Going to BYU and being "cougar-ized"

On Friday we also had to go to BYU, we couldn't go all the way to provo and not stroll across campus! David and I both thought that we would be blown away by how young the college kids looked. We weren't! In fact, it seemed so normal it was strange. In retrospect it made sense. The college kids always looked the same age, they looked how we remembered them looking. WE were just older!


Jakob, with his new hat, in front of the library...

The girls hiking across campus with their new cougar ball bags for soccer...

In front of the art museum. We went in and saw the new "I spy" exhibit...very cool!




David got new duds too, Marriot center in the background...




Ava was a little chilly, in front of the HFAC. Analeah and David went there for a band concert earlier in the week.





THe girls resting...I can see them in the same spot in 10 years...Hannah a freshman, and Leah a junior...scarey!!













ON the WILK quad Ava suddenly decided she would rather walk backward. She got lots of attention...she was eating it up. SO I had to get a picture of course. I hope this doesn't portend future quad events!







Walking around BYU was so fun. So much has changed, with building additions, the new Hinkley building, the SFLC being gone...but it feels so much the same! College was so fun, great roommates, good teachers, fun dates, early married life...no mortgage, no looming job cuts, no worries about funding your kids college, life is just so new and fresh! It was a good time in my life, I couldn't help feel a little nostalgic!



No comments: