Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Cold Fun


So, it's been cold here. So cold the kids didn't have school last Friday becaseu if you were outside for 15 minutes your skin would start freezing (I think it was -20 degrees)--I know we aren't the only ones cold--but it was nice to warm up to a balmy 17 degrees on Monday. We all went sledding for FHE, at a big hill near our home. IT was FUN! (It was almost 5pm when we went, so it was getting darkish, but we could see.) Ava's favorite was riding down with mom pulling her(actually holding the sled back), and she didn't like dad "pulling" because he let her flip over when she went too fast. :) It's nice to feel wanted!



Jakob at the bottom of the hill looking up, he was a little nervous to go down the first time! Then the male hormones took over and he loved every minute of the spraying snow and cold wind on his face. (Ava hated it, that's why I "pulled" her sled.)
SO this weekend we just hung out inside and cleaned house, played around and stayed in pJS-here is me and Ava clowning around in our PJS Sat morning, and the front yard snow.













The sun was just coming up, almost no clouds, and it was -9 degrees farenheit on the thermostat (about 15 below with the windchill). But pretty!



2 comments:

Stacy said...

Too cold for me. We have been sleeping with the windows open all night and the other night I even turned the fan on. I think we hit 80 the other day:)

Debbie said...

wow that's cold!!! makes me LOVE colorado:) except you're not here. The pics of you and Ava are so cute!!