OK, so a few weeks ago my friend invitedme to her home to get a class in Oil painting from her dad, who teaches art/painting at a private art academy in Indianapolis. I've never painted before, and oils seem so daunting, so having someone there to even show me how to clean my brush and prepare the canvas was exciting. I had a blast!
The picture above is the first go I took at it. i only had about 1 1/2 hours. I thought it was ok. But I was excite to try again. So yesterday I had a go at it again, in my house, and in 3 hours created the painting on the right--which turned out much better (I thought). It was so fun to immerse myself in figuring out colors and concentrating so hard I forgot everything else (I did make myself clean the house first! So not too much guilt!)
THe onion drove me batty, but in the end, it is my favorite part of the picture--and I spent the most time on it!
I loved art in high school, and have not touched it for years...I am definately goign to get back into this..in fact I have an art "play date" with my friend this next Monday! Toodles!
4 comments:
Wow! You are so talented! I have always wanted to take an oil painting class. It is low on my list of things to do, behind learn to play the harp and build my own dining room table. But, I would still love to learn.
Way to go!! the one on the right is so awesome, i can't believe you did it so much faster than the first! You should paint more.. we're still waiting for our print of the Mt. Timp temple:)! I've still got the painting you did of a cat for me!
SO, I can't believe I forgot Dave's birthday!! His is hte first of the year and is the one I'm mmost likely to remember, so it doesn't bode well for this year. Anyway, Happy Birthday Dave!!! We hope you had a fantastic birthday on Saturday having lots of fun and eating too much cake/ice cream/goodies. We love you!!!
Wow, Becky! You did a great job on your paintings. Sounds like you're having fun!
Post a Comment