Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bagels...


Bagels are good. Since discovering that I can make really good pizza crust by turning up the heat and using "some" oilve oil (and it is YUMMY)--I've become a little more willing to believe "I can do hard things"! :)

SO, I had acquired a bagel recipe about a year ago. I LOVE bread. Love it. So a year ago I tried it. It turned out like those bagels you get from the bread section. You know. Round, soft. maybe a bit chewy, but not real satisfying.
So, after my recent pizza breakthrough, I experimented again. I cooked them in water longer...they got bigger and chewier. I cooked them hotter...the outside got crustier. OK, maybe they aren't quite as good as Einsteins' bagels ( My oven only goes to 500 degrees man)...but are they good hot!!!! I love the art of improvisation in the kitchen!!!Something satisfying about woman vs recipe! :)

4 comments:

Debbie said...

yummy!! so where's the recipe?! GO Woman!!!

The MacQueens said...

Bagels AND oil painting. . . You go girl! :)

Stacy said...

Wow, what else do you do? You are amazing. I haven't brought myself to make homemade bagels, now doughnuts, that's another story, I'd like to learn to make those. But, I need to make some bread today, that just reminded me...gotta go.

Debbie said...

SO, I left a message but.. Happy Birthday Ava!!!
Love You!

Debbie