Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A river runs through provo!

David got to go fly-fishing with our brother-in-law RD while wwe were in Utah over spring break. They got up very early Sat morning and RD gave David impromptu lessons on the fine art of *quietly* catching and releasing fish. They caught quite a few, but only kept 5.




David tried some gormet trout recipe...al I know is that it had lemon, rosemary and basil. It was pretty great tasting, but I personally had a hard time eating fish with the skin on...(shiver) mental block!


Ava didn't seem to mind!! Atta girl!


2 comments:

Mulder said...

Yeah!!! Horray for fly fishing! It really was alot of fun Dave. It was nice to hang with you and get to know you a bit better... wish we had more times like those to come in the future. The fish looked great cooked up. So on a scale of 1-10, how good was it. I'm looking for any good recipes since mine are sub-par. Thanks for letting him come out Becky! I know I have to thank my wife (and heaven) for letting me get a chance to wet the line! :) It was so good to see your family and get to know your kids better. They are so awesome and so good with our kids. That was not exactly my "cousin experience" growing up. Anyways, my stretchy pants are waiting for me in my room... so I gotta go. Take care all! Love ya!

Stacy said...

I'm so glad you're back. I love your new picture at the top and the last few posts. I wondered where you had been and what you were up to. That fish looked wonderful. The picture of him holding the fish reminded me of a picture the boys took of me holding a rabbit that I shot while rabbit hunting at Rick's. I think they made us rabbit stew for dinner, but I don't remember if I liked it or not. Glad you're back.