Thursday, November 20, 2008

Auto bailout and life

So...snow came early this year! WE got 3-4 inches lat weekend, and it's been COLD. It feels like January. I've got a heater on in my office since the house we keep at 65 degrees (and still have to pay 300 a month year round for our LP gas), and the computer is next to a wondow which face the 100 acres of windswept corn rows behind out house. Brrrr! The window is not high quality.
I'd love to replace it one of these days, but we have 23 wondows in our house. I love how light and sunny it is ...but that is a LOT of windows, and so a lot of money.
Money...the bain of my peace! For those of you not in Michigan...I know the country is having a hard time everywhere, but I think it has been especially rough here, and it is only getting worse. David's project at work got cancelled two days ago, the third project in 2 years to be canceled for lack of money. He and his boss are going to peter Daniels next week (who is directly under Allan malloly (sp?) the CEO of Ford Motor, to ask if David can have 3 people to continue the parts of the program that could be functional in the next 6 months (they re designing financial planning/cost tracking systems for global ford rollout). So instead of the 10 poeple working now, it's be a skeleton team. David doesn't feel he is a majorly shakey position, as his boss loves him, but you never know these days. If some one had told me three-four years ago that the banks were all going to fail and housing would plummet 30% and the auto companies would go bankrupt in 3 years, I would have though they were being a bit pessimistic. :)
Ah well...
We still have a job, for the moment.

No comments: