Saturday, December 1, 2012

For Juliana...

So Juliana is getting married! Yay! But she wants a painting for her gift...and I haven't painted for several years due to being way too busy. So being lately released as RS pres, I have a little more time as the kids are ALL now in school! So I started dusting off some canvases and doing some practice. Here a few from the past month. Gotta get art-sie by February, that part of my brain is slow, not being used for 3 years! SO Jules, here is what I've done so far to "warm up":


Peppers, first warm up painting, still life. Little rough. But I painted!




Apples & pear, another afternoon excercise, this time with my mom. Not done, but good to paint.

Below: the marn painting I started a year ago. Still not finished, but covered the canvas in paint, and while that dried this week, I returned to a painting from 4 years ago!! The cathedral in St petersburg Russia, I redid the sky completely and started redoing a section on the left just below the large golden dome. The whole things needs to be redone, as my skills are improved over 4 years ago. SO that little 3 inch section under the dome is the only part I like. But, again, Juliana I am painting again, Thanks for the excuse to get into it again!



4 comments:

Jules said...

Yay! Thanks :) Your paintings look awesome!

Jennifer said...

Becky, I am so impressed! You have talent. I love the barn painting!

Debbie said...

Hooray! You really are great at this Becky! I think the cathedral is stunning.

Liz Geiger said...

You are so talented Becky! This is a hobby I want someday :)