Thursday, June 21, 2012

Girls Getaway--Hoffmaster beach!

Last weekend Analeah and I got away with some of our best friends, Julie and Sam, to Muskegon for a girls weekend. Saturday afternoon we went to Hoffmaster State park, our family's favorite beach on lake Michigan. We enjoyed some sunshine and then a thunderstorm startinf rolling over the horizon, which created some awesome lighting for pics and lightening in the sky!! We left just in time for rain to start pounding the car as we drove away...still love thunderstorms!


 Love this pic of Sam, a very "Sam" look, her "haha...you are really (not) so funny!" look.

I liked this different view of her looking down and thinking...about what Sam??
eating lunch

Treacherous seagulls who nick your food if you aren't carefull. The lighting was so cool, with the water taking on greenish hints.

 The ever-present squirt guns, a Shurtleff family staple for summer.

Love love this pic of Analeah, she had no idea I was shooting anything. She is such a fish and belongs in the water! This is her element!



Julie, a trooper, relaxing on the beach at 22 weeks pregnant!

Besties forever! Sam and Analeah!


The beach emptied out as the storm approaches, awesome lightening over the water, but could never grab on camera...

Analeah's footprints as we left...
Love the beach.

3 comments:

Our Family of Six said...

Great pictures! Analeah is beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I didn't know that you had been released. I am sure they will put you someplace else fun!

The Michiganders said...

Julie is having a baby? What great news! Looks like a fun time!